I really fancied making a shaker card, so decided to use the beautiful 'Lilies Commitment' from Ching-Chou Kuik that I won a while ago. Lilies are my favourite flower and I thought this image would work well as a friendship card.
I started by colouring the image and fussy-cutting, then decided on a 5x7 card which I made from 350gsm white cardstock. I cut a slightly smaller piece of dark blue GlitterSilk card to serve as the front of the shaker. I positioned my image and sentiment to decide where to die cut a circle for the shaker portion. Once the circle was cut I placed it over the card base and pencilled in where it would be. I coloured the base card with a matching ProMarker to serve as a background for the shaker window.
I then glued a circle of acetate to the window and added 3D foam tape around all the edges. I put all my sequins and pearls within the coloured portion of the base card before adhering the window card.
I finished off by attaching the image and sentiment, plus some silver net and shells.
- White cardstock
- Dark Blue Core'dinations GlitterSilk
- X-Cut circle die
- 3D foam tape
- Cuttlebug acetate
- Silver net
- Sequins (Walmart)
- Shells (Michaels)
- ProMarkers - Burnt Sienna, Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush, Burgundy, Mango, Soft Peach, Pine, Apple, Pumpkin, Amber, Olive, Pear, Black, Ginger, Saffron, Oatmeal, Mint, Tea Green, Sky Blue, Arctic Blue & Powder Blue
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #56 AG
- Pile It On - #129 Interactive and/or Birthday
- Work It Wednesday - March AG Spring
- The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog - #171 Easter and/or Spring
- TTCRD - AG WK 18th April
- World Wide Open Design Team - #21 AG
- Ching-Chou Kuik Blog - April Under The Sea
- Crafting By Designs - Girls or Flowers
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #4 AG
- CCC Digi Creations - #71 Add Some Glitter
- Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook - April Spring is in the Air